Optimal performance for high-demand usage scenarios.
AMD PhenomTM IIX4 and AMD PhenomTM II X6 processors are designed to deliver optimal performance for high-demand usage scenarios. The unparalleled value of AMD processors makes them an excellent performance choice in today’s market.
AMD Phenom™ II X4 and X6 Black Edition Processors.
The 3 Pillars of Performance:
- Four or Six Real Cores. AMD delivers REAL cores, not threads disguised as cores
- MoreCores-Per-Dollar than the competition’s quad core processors
- Cores are Superior in performance to threads
- Extremely fast clock speeds at with the AMD Turbo CORE Technology enabled Phenom II™ X6 processor
- Turbo CORE Technology: SIX Real cores at 3.2GHz when you need maximum computing performance, or 3 turbo-charged cores at 3.6GHz when you just need raw speed!
- AM3 platform compatibility! Instead of fragmenting our platforms like our competition, there is no need for wasted spending on another motherboard
- Combine your AMD PhenomTMII Black Edition processor with an ATI RadeonTMHD 5750 Premium (or higher) graphics card to experience VISION Black Technology from AMD
- The AMD PhenomTMII Black Edition processors have unlocked cores. Unlocked Black Edition CPUs allow you to overclock your CPU increasing your performanceOverclockedspeeds helps you to blaze through intensive computing applications like video encoding, rendering, and video and photo editing with ease
2010AMD Phenom™II X6 Processor Competitive Benchmarks
Key Architectural Features
- AMD Phenom™ II X6 Six-Core Processors
The backbone of the VISION Black technology platform, the new AMD Phenom™ II X6 six-core processors are the fastest CPUs AMD has ever created. The AMD Phenom™ II X6 six-core processors are also the world's only six-core processors for under $200*. At the heart of a VISION Black Technology platform, the AMD Phenom II X6 processor is the most advanced AMD desktop processor and features innovative AMD Turbo CORE technology to adjust to the dynamic needs of performance users.
- New AMD Turbo CORE Technology
Both the AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T and 1090T processors come equipped with AMD's new Turbo CORE technology. AMD Turbo CORE technology is a performance boosting technology that automatically switches from six cores to three turbocharged core for applications that just need raw speed over multiple cores. While in Turbo CORE mode, the AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T processor shifts frequency speed from 3.2GHz on six cores, to 3.6GHz on three cores, making it the fastest processor AMD has ever created.
- AMD Phenom™ II Quad and Six-Core Processors
True quad-core and six-core designed from the ground up for better communication between cores. Benefit: Cores can communicate on die rather than on package for better performance
- AMD64 with Direct Connect Architecture
Helps improve system performance and efficiency by directly connecting the processors, the memory controller, and the I/O to the CPU.Designed to enable simultaneous 32-and 64-bit computing
- Integrated Memory Controller
Benefits: Increases application performance by dramatically reducing memory latencyScales memory bandwidth and performance to match compute needs
- HyperTransport™ Technology
Provides up to 16.0GB/s peak bandwidth per processor—reducing I/O bottlenecksUp to 37GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)
- AMD Balanced Smart Cache
Shared L3 cache (either 6MB or 4MB) 512K L2 cache per core Benefit: Shortened access times to the highly accessed data for better performance.
- AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator
128-bit floating point unit (FPU) High performance (128bit internal data path) floating point unit per core. Benefit: Larger data paths and quicker floating point calculations for better performance.
- HyperTransport™ Technology
One 16-bit link at up to 4000MT/s Up to 8.0GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth; Up to 16GB/s in HyperTransport Generation 3.0 mode Up to 37GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus) Benefit: Quick access times to system I/O for better performance.
- Integrated DRAM Controller with AMD Memory Optimizer Technology
A high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller Supports PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066); PC2-6400 (DDR2-800), PC2-5300 (DDR2-667), PC2-4200 (DDR2-533) or PC2-3200 (DDR2-400) SDRAM unbufferedDIMMs –AM2+ Support for unregistered DIMMs up to PC2 8500(DDR2-1066MHz) and PC3 10600 (DDR3-1333MHz) –AM3 Up to 17.1GB/s memory bandwidth for DDR2 and up to 21GB/s memory bandwidth for DDR3 Benefit: Quick access to system memory for better performance.
- AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) Technology With Rapid Virtualization Indexing
Silicon feature-set enhancements designed to improve the performance, reliability, and security of existing and future virtualization environments by allowing virtualized applications with direct and rapid access to their allocated memory.Benefit: Helps virtualization software to run more securely and efficiently enabling a better experience when dealing with virtual systems
- 2010AMD PowerNow!™ Technology (Cool’n’Quiet™ Technology)
Enhanced power management features which automatically and instantaneously adjusts performance states and features based on processor performance requirements For quieter operation and reduced power requirements Benefit: Enables cooler and quieter platform designs by providing extremely efficient performance and energy usage.
- AMD CoolCore™ Technology
Reduces processor energy consumption by turning off unused parts of the processor. For example, the memory controller can turn off the write logic when reading from memory, helping reduce system power. Works automatically without the need for drivers or BIOS enablement. Power can be switched on or off within a single clock cycle, saving energy with no impact to performance. Benefit: Helps users get more efficient performance by dynamically activating or turning off parts of the processor.
- Dual Dynamic Power Management™
Enables more granular power management capabilities to reduce processor energy consumption. Separate power planes for cores and memory controller, for optimum power consumption and performance, creating more opportunities for power savings within the cores and memory controller. Benefit: Helps improve platform efficiency by providing on demand memory performance while still allowing for decreased system power consumption.
Related news about AMD products